Hello, and welcome back to the One Room Challenge, in which you make over a room in 6 weeks. Umm… I think I must have signed up for the 5 week challenge since I didn’t do jack crap this past week, and will have to accomplish all my progress in said 5 weeks.
Well, not all was lost this past week.
My neighbors and I threw a kickass party.
I hosted a lovely dessert course under the tree in my backyard and it was quite lovely.
More on that later…
Naturally, I drank too much champagne and put myself in the corner. But that’s okay when that corner has Schumacher wallpaper.
The morning after was rough, and then I had to do the dishes. Ugh
We partied hard, even Archie. At 2pm, he was still passed out in bed, in his football referee jersey. (Yes, I have problems.)
Oh wait, enough about me…back to the One Room Challenge.
This past week, I focused my efforts on reconnaissance, (because that entails no actual labor).
I needed more structure to my plan.. and I actually consulted my husband. [audible gasp]
He told me that we need a space we can actually use, and not just something that “looks pretty”. Huh?
His Desired elements:
1. Sun protection as he is delightfully pale. He refers to himself as a Scandinavian all-star.
2. Mosquito protection as we are in Texas where the Asian Tiger mosquitos have been running rampant.
Where’s the bar cart?
But it can also be pretty. Like so:
I will come up with something that marries the two.
All this mumbo jumbo is a big smoke screen to again admit to the fact that I really did NOTHING all week, but I have big plans to make up for it this weekend.
I plan to:
1. Strip the rust from all the Acapulco chairs and paint them.
2. Start framing out an outdoor sectional.
3. Track the movement of the sun over the decks and plan the best positioning for shade. (nerd alert)
4. Figure out self-watering planting system.
Seems easy right?
BTW, if you have suggestions for any of these things, like a step by step tutorial, or you tube vid, that would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance! Ha!
If you come build it, I will make you cocktails ad nauseam.